(Cliquez ici pour la version française.)
I’m working for months on a graphic reportage about biodiversity conservation in the province of Québec, a project conducted with Journalisme9. Since COP15, UN conference on biological diversity, will be held in Montreal, 7-19 Dec 2022, I worked on short comics about biodiversity and environmental regulations of the last 50 years. I will also attend the COP15 for my documentary, the book coming in 2023.
Here is the first one, with some references at the end.
- Bonneuil, C. 2015. Tell me where you come from, I will tell you who you are: A genealogy of biodiversity offsetting mechanisms in historical context, Biological Conservation;
- Damiens, L.P., Porter, L., Gordon, A. 2021. The politics of biodiversity offsetting across time and institutional scales, Nature Sustainability.
- Rinde, M. 2017. Richard Nixon and the Rise of American Environmentalism: How a Republican president ushered in the EPA. Distillations, Science History Institute;
- Informations about Montréal COP15 (Secrétariat of the convention on biological diversity);
- Canada and COP15;
- Ministère de l’Environnement du Québec and biodiversity;
- Montréal and COP15;
- Collectif COP15: for Living Generations (Quebec civil society alliance).